Hello! I’m Huimin.
I’m thrilled that you are here, and my goal is for you to take away something useful, thoughtful or beautiful.
Something that would help you create more purpose and joy in your work, love and life.
It started with a decision to leave home to pursue my dreams. On the road less travelled, I soon realised that it is an active journey of gaining clarity internally and making things happen externally.
I became an artist; I began to create a lifestyle by design.
I discovered that this lifestyle is filled with more inspiration, more joy, more connections, more love, more courage, more opportunities, more peace, more fun, more beauty, more creativity, more fulfillment, more miracles, more life. It’s a big big world out there, baby.
I also discovered a Me that I would not have imagined myself to be 5 years ago.
One by one, people came to me with their stories and questions.
“I have a dream, too. How do I get from here to there?”
“I am not fulfilled in my work, how can I change that?”
“I want to share my life with a special someone and to be happy in that relationship, how do I make that work?”
“There is something missing in my life and I don’t know what it is, help me”
And so I started writing. I strive to bring you the best essence of what I am living and learning and to keep it real and valuable for you. In addition to personal stories and experiences, you will also find ideas and tips from different sources that I have curated.
I am excited to share this journey with you and I can’t wait to see the magic in yours unfold.
So click the Follow button on the bottom-right corner of this page to stay connected and get every new post on this blog conveniently delivered to you.
Welcome once again. See you around!
I play the social roles of a wife, mother, writer, coach, employee, and a few others. You can discover more about me through the stories shared in my blog and through the feedback offered by clients in Praise.
Here are 11 random things about myself
- I am originally from Singapore and currently live in Finland with my sweet family, Mr Hurry and Little Hurry. And no, we are really not in a hurry all the time 🙂
- The kitchen is my experimental lab. I delight in making food from different cultures.
- We used to have 2 hamsters when we were little. They died after I showered them and I still feel guilty about it.
- I spent 10 days one summer in silence at a Vipassana meditation retreat and I want to do it again.
- I have a weak spot for all things chocolate. What is it about this substance that we all have a love affair with!
- I climbed Mount Kinabalu in Sabah twice, the Moka Range in Mauritius once, and I have Mount Kilimanjaro and Machu Picchu on my bucket list. There is just something about mountains that draws me.
- I wanted to be an astronaut when I was young, and I still do.
- I enjoy being hosted by friends in different countries and playing host to them. That’s the best way to travel and to get into the juice of the culture!
- I am in love with coconut oil. You will find it in our baked food, cooked food, and as body, face and hair moisturiser for the whole family.
- I speak English, Mandarin Chinese, Hokkien, a little French, and too little Finnish.
- I have been called an ‘undying optimist’. I prefer to think that I am a believer of possibilities.